IK4-IKERLAN is a private not-for-profit Technological Research Centre in the north of Spain, member of the IK4 Research Alliance. It is the key technological R&D actor within the Grupo Mondragon (www.mondragon-corporation.com ), Spain’s sixth-largest industrial corporation.
IK4-IKERLAN is a point of reference for innovation, dedicated to advanced technology transfer to industry and comprehensive product development (from concept to implementation) for a wide variety of domains: medical, home appliances, transportation (railway and vertical), automation, electronics and computing, energy, etc.
IK4-IKERLAN’s mission is to improve regional companies’ competitiveness, through the application of technological knowledge to develop innovative products and, on the other hand, new tools and methodologies for implementation in design and production processes. It has a staff of more than 200 qualified researchers and engineers, with experience in interdisciplinary work and capable of tackling complex problems.
IK4-IKERLAN has an annual turn-over of some 18M€ of which almost 70% is generated from private contracts, the balance through publically funded research programmes. IK4-IKERLAN currently participates in 15 FP7 projects.
- 6 years of experience in microsystems.
- PhD in microsystems focused in design and fabrication of microfluidic chip units in clean room using polymers (University of the Basque Country)
- Expertise also includes packaging considering fluidic and electric connections, and insulation.
Maria Aguirregabiria – (MSc, PhD)
- PhD in Engineering from Univeristy of the Basque Country in collaboration with IK4-Ikerlan.
- Has previously worked as a researcher on OPTOLABCARD, PORTFASTFLU, LABONFOIL and SELFPOCNAD projects.
- Current research focuses on polymeric Lab on a Chip development for biomedical and environmental applications.