University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU)
The University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) is a teaching and research institution officially founded in 1985. The university employs over 7,000 people in 31 faculties and schools distributed in three different campuses, with a total of more than 50,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students. The UPV/EHU offers the highest number of doctorate programmes of all Spanish universities, one third of which have received a mention of excellence from the Spanish Ministry of Education. The UPV/EHU has been recognised recently as an International Research Campus of Excellence by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation.
In Horizon2020, the new Research Framework Programme, the UPV/EHU has already been successful with 23 projects, including one ERC Advanced Grant, which so far has attracted a total sum of more than 7 million Euros in research financing.
Leader of Work Package 6
- 12 years of experience in Lab on a Chip technology
- 56+ peer-reviewed papers in international journals
- 6 patents
Janire Sáez Castaño – PhD Student at University of the Basque Country
- Degree in Chemistry and M.Sc from University of the Basque Country.
- Research focuses on the development and integration of smart materials into microfluidic devices.
Prof. Lourdes Basabe-Desmonts – Research Professor at University of the Basque Country
- Professor of research group specialising in micro-bioengineering and lab-on-a-chip technologies for deveolopment of analytical devices for biology and medicine.
- Awarded the UK and Ireland L’Oreal UNESCO for Women in Science Fellowship in 2010.
- 24 peer reviewed publication and inventor of 6 patent applications.
Prof. Luis Ángel Fernandez – Professor in Analytical Chemistry
- Full Professor in Analytical Chemistry at the University of the Basque Country
- Research interests include: development and use of analytical methods, solution equilibria, physical chemistry, separation processes, instrumentation and automation, programming and chemometrics